Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Now that the weather is getting colder, it’s the perfect time to cuddle up indoors with a warm latte. Pumpkin is also an excellent flavor for fall. But you don’t need to head to Starbucks to get your fix, you can make it at home with simple ingredients.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Add the milk, sugar and pumpkin puree to a large saucepan and heat over low heat, but make sure not the boil the mixture. It should feel warm to the touch. After five minutes, remove the mixture from the heat.
- Then add in coffee and mix together until smooth. The consistency should be rather soupy, but firm.
- Once the ingredients are mixed consistently, add in the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice.
4. Pour the mixture into a large mug and fill it almost to the brim of the mug. Then add a healthy dollop of whipped cream on top, completely covering the pumpkin color or not, depending on your preference.
5. Finally, add a bit of pumpkin pie spice to the whipped cream for a final topping.
This recipe is simple, but it also allows for easy substitutions. Any form of milk can be used, including non-dairy options like soy milk, although the consistency of the latte will vary. Users can also decide how much sugar and spice they want to add in, depending on their preferences. It’s also possible to use homemade pumpkin puree or pumpkin spice, or simply buy it from the store.
This drink can be easily served in mugs or in mason jars. For an added flair, you can add a cinnamon stick to the whipped cream. The entire recipe makes two full servings of pumpkin spice latte, so there is plenty to share.