Harry Potter fans rejoice! The delicious and sweet beverage offered by the Three Broomsticks pub in Hogsmeade is now available as a pie! This creamy, butterscotch pudding with a buttery flavor will quickly become a fan favorite.
This sweet pie is simple to assemble and bake, although with chilling time this butterbeer pie can be an all-day project. The butterscotch flavor is the staple of the pie, although it can be substituted for vanilla or another flavor that is desired. This is a good pie choice for parties or special occasions or even Harry Potter events.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup marshmallow crème
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and arrange a pie plate with dough or arranged the pre-made pie crust for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside all the ingredients in small bowls for the butterbeer filling and for the marshmallow creme.
2) To make the filling, whisk 2 cups of heavy cream together in a stand-up mixer for about 2 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until smooth. Fold the pudding mixture into the heavy cream in the mixer until smooth. Slowly add in the caramel until the mixture is thickened. Then pour the set mixture into the pie crust and smooth evenly on the top.
3) Place the pie crust and the mixture in the refrigerator for about 4 to 5 hours, until it’s firm.
4) Beat the rest of the of heavy cream (one cup) in a large bowl for about 2 to 3 minutes, until soft peaks form. Fold the 1/2 cup of marshmallow creme until smooth. Once the pie is set in the fridge, add the marshmallow creme to the pie as a topping, and decorate as desired. Cut into slices and enjoy!